Praying for Gangs and Troubled Youth
Gangs and Troubled Youth are some of the most needy people in your city. Their hurting and hopelessness cry out to us of their desperate need for our prayers. Gangs and Troubled Youth tend to gather like “families” who care about one another’s hurts and look out for each other. Some are identified by “colors” of dress. Others by the “turf” where they live and do their activities. Some have “symbols” in their jewelry, tattoos, markings, piercings. Reaching out to Gangs and Troubled Youth to see God transform them should be a vital matter of prayer for us. Jesus’ friendship with Zaccheus, the tax collector, (Luke 19:1-10) gives a powerful model of caring and redemptive outreach for relating to Gangs and Trouble Youth. Jesus said, “The Son of man came to seek and save that which was lost.” Let’s consider Jesus’ role model as you pray for Gangs and Troubled Youth in your city:
Jesus’ Seeking Compassion, and Our Care-less Indifference
- Praise God for Jesus’ compassion as a “friend of sinners.”
Ask God’s forgiveness for those who hate lost youth.
- Praise God for Jesus’ seeking care to call us by our name.
Ask God’s forgiveness for those who won’t take time to learn youths’ names, what they think and how they feel.
- Praise God for Jesus’ desire to go to our “homes” – and be with us where we really live our daily lives.
Ask God’s forgiveness for those who are afraid to go to the homes and hang-out places of sinners.
- Praise God for Jesus’ desire to see our lives changed.
Ask God’s forgiveness for those who don’t want people to be made new by Jesus’ life changing love and power.
Zaccheus’ Transformation – Available to Troubled Youth
- Praise God for Jesus’ love which “opens” our locked up lives.
Pray for gang members to experience Jesus’ love for them.
- Praise God for Jesus’ saving power to change lifestyles.
Pray for gang members to want Jesus to change them.
- Praise God for the gift of faith to believe Jesus’ love for us.
Pray for gang members to receive Jesus and trust Him.
- Praise God for Jesus’ new life which transforms us from within.
Pray for gang members to let Jesus supernaturally change their lost past lives, their present situations, their futures.
Let God put a city neighborhood with gangs on your heart for a “Zaccheus prayer plan” of hope for their transformation.
Cover Design by Vernon Franklin, Scripture quotations are from various translations
Published by Ernie Frederick Copyright @ 2013