Waves of Prayer Over Your City
Saturating Your City With Prayer can be done on a daily basis as commuters come into the city for work, shopping, recreation, special events. "Pray as you travel" can be a means of soaking the city by sending waves of prayer before you as you drive in cars, buses, trolley-subways, taxis, jitneys into the city, and as you walk to your workplace, mall, store, church, restaurant, service station, bank, hairdresser or barbershop, or other appointments. Here are some suggestions to enrich your city with "waves of prayer" as you travel into the city and do your activities:
Saturating The City With Praise
- Singing "All hail the power of Jesus name" over the city, and "crowning Him Lord of the government, of the police, courts, schools, hospitals, businesses, banks, restaurants"
- Praising Him for His Owner provision for the city
- Praising Him for His righteous Kingship rule over the city
- Praising Him for His Father protection around the city
- Praising Him for His Shepherd care in the city
Blessing The City With God's Goodness
- Singing "God is so good" over the city- good to families, good to the doctors and nurses, good to the teachers, good to radio and TV leaders, good to the restaurant workers
- Blessing the neighborhoods of the city with God’s peace
- Blessing the city’s churches with God’s grace and favor
- Blessing the sick, homeless, unemployed with God’s care
Welcoming God’s Presence and Working In The City
- Welcoming the Presence and Working of God the Father
Father, we welcome You in the schools of the city today, to care for every child, teacher and administrator.
- Welcoming the Presence and Working of God the Son
Jesus, we welcome you today in the restaurants of the city, to build harmony and friendships among those who prepare and serve the food, and those who eat there.
- Welcoming the Presence and Working of the Holy Spirit
Holy Spirit, we welcome you and the TV and radio stations, to pour forth your love, joy, peace, wisdom, care to all.
Praying Supplications- Prayers For God’s Help- For The City
- "Lord, our mayor and city Council need your wisdom."
- "Lord, judges and attorneys need your truth and justice."
- "Lord, the construction workers need your skills and safety."
- "Lord, doctors and nurses need your healing power with them."
- "Lord, many need salvation. Working them to save them."
Visit the blog for Day 2 to see the waves of prayer and thoughts from all around Pittsburgh!
Cover Design by Vernon Franklin, Scripture quotations are from various translations
Published by Ernie Frederick Copyright @ 2013